Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

responses...a choice or reaction???

I have worked very hard to teach my kids a 'cooler' response to each other.  Somedays a cake walk and other days???  Not successful.  I keep reminding them that the walls they build today (or tear down today) may be the very walls they will need as they get older.  It has been said many time before that Rome was not built in a day, but has anyone stopped to ask that person if Rome was destroyed in a day???  Well most of us know the answer to that question.  But...let's apply this 'idea' to an everyday situation.  Can relationship walls be destroyed in a day???  In a hour???  In a minute??  ABSOLUTELY!!

So why do we risk the very city that we are choosing to tear down?  Being 1 of 5 children growing up, I see now how (younger) family dynamics can (and usually do) dictate how the (older) family will procede.  Even scarier than that???  What about the next generation of a 'younger family' - how will they procede???  Just as functional or dysfunctional??  Again I go back to my original question - responses... a choice or reaction??  So here is the good news: ( as I mentioned in an early post) WE ARE A NEW CREATION IN CHRIST.  That is how the walls that were tore down can be built back up.  WE have HOPE and a PROMISE!!! How reassuring that destruction does not have to be permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment