Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

forgiveness...

Charles Stanley prints out a free magazine and in the latest issue of the In Touch magazine....this month he wrote a lot about forgiveness and joy.  He makes an amazing point....he asks why do people 'choose' to not forgive???  How does someone forgive??  If we are commanded to forgive then why isn't there clear instruction on how to forgive??  There is clear instruction~~ Love your neighbor as yourself!!!  So I am sitting her asking myself do I??  No, I am not referring to loving my physical neighbor....am I loving to those who are close to me whether it is physical location, relationships, family knit, etc???  Have I been an example of God' true and holy love??  There is more to the article that Charles Stanley wrote stating that sometimes the hurt that has caused the unforgiveness can be deeper than we can 'forgive', but with God's help and renewing of our mind 'We can do all things thru Christ that STRENGTHENS us' (Phil 4:13).  If I am going to remain true to the title of my blog then I have to be real with you and myself.  My unforgiveness is becoming larger than myself...  So each time (ok..as many times as I can remind myself) I remind myself to take captive every unwholesom thought in regards to my unforgiveness.  Am I successful??? Mostly.

Dear Father God, help me to continue becoming more like you.  Strengthen me to be a soldier in your army.  Discipline because you love me.  Love me because your my Heavenly Father that wants the best for your child. Refine me to a purer gold that is fit for My King.  Purify me to sit in your presence.  Build in me a new heart that desires only things that glorify you.  Stop my tongue and quicken my heart to compassion and forgiveness.  Give me wisdom.  Allow me guidance.  Accept me.  Forgive me.  Let me be salt and light in this world that needs you more than anything.  I want to be used by you.  Father my heart is open-heavy-but open...the work of your kingdom is good for the heavy in heart.  I love you and I trust you.  Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, I love your blog. I'm having the same feelings about forgiveness. It's hard to do, but I'm working on myself and strengthening my faith. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    Sandy Scharf

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the glory goes to God...he has asked me to be 'real' and 'real' I will be... thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete