Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pondering...

How many times have you looked into your child's eyes just to reassure them??? How many times have you recognized how special they are??? How many times have you set back and realized how much God must have thought about you to give you such a special job and person??? How many times have you sat back and really taken notice of your child's God-given ability???



Sometimes God gives us just what we need when we need it, and other times he gives us more than we think we can handle to see our reaction. When I look back at times when God has challenged me or stretched me...I also look at how I reacted. Am I changing how I react??? Have I grown to be someone who looks at what God has given me straight in the face and say bring it on??? I don't think that I necessarily say bring it on, but I am more willing to face adverse times with God's help. Learning to trust him has not been easy the past 8-9 years, but completely worth learning how. My all time favorite verse has been Romans 8:28-29. God gave me this verse at a time that made me wonder why he gave it to me...Times were tough, but now I know. He wanted me to appreciate and understand that my plan and his plan is all about glorifying him--no matter how many roadblocks, heartbreaks, tears, disappointment, joy, laughter, smiles come along. Being grateful for all of them is probably the biggest key, but not always easy. All things do work out together for good for those who are called according to his purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment