Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Birthdays....

This weekend is my 35th birthday and I can not believe that I made it. :) Don't worry I do not jump out of airplanes, 'play with guns', or take death defying acts lightly....my birthdays have, in the past, not been good.  I decided after my 27th bday that a celebration for my bday would not happen again. 

I am totally okay with aging.  I have children that I have thoroughly enjoyed watching get older (as I age).  I  have someone who I thoroughly enjoy spending time with (as I age). I know that the someone I thoroughly enjoy spending time with grow old with me, and probably quicker since he is older than me (as I age).  I know that when my children get married, have children, and get older themselves it will be because I am aged.... I am excited about my future or maybe I am excited about the legacy we are leaving.  My husband and I have spent a lot of time and energy changing the course of the 'generational curses' dropped on us....  I was reading a blog a few days ago that read 'this curse stops HERE, in this family, in Jesus’ Name.' that has been my motto.  I may go to my grave 'aged', but not rested....I spend everyday working toward placing stop signs all over the place...  Maybe I have a new prayer...  Dear God--my birthdays are no longer 'just another day on the calendar' as I have referred to it for a long time, but rather a day that celebrates another adoption into your kingdom... Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment