Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

blessings....

When do start counting your blessings???  How do you start counting your blessings???  Do you recognize true blessings??  I used to think that blessing only came to those who deserve them.  What do I think now???  Now I think that blessing are given to everyone.  The sad thing about blessings is that they are much like hindsight...they are only recognizable when looking back.  Why can't blessing be something that is shown or revealed looking in to a situation???  Why???  Because if you could see them going in would you learn the lesson meant to be taught, would you be so willing to be teachable, would they be so sweet, would they make you realize that the growth you have made was well worth and possibly moreso than the lesson. 

Eight years ago this coming weekend something very dear to me was stolen. Something to most people are counted as something that cannot be returned or replaced.  And in that eight years so much more has been given back to me.  It may not be returned or replaced with what was stolen, but something much better.  It was replaced with a mucher larger understanding that God has bigger plans for most of us than what we know.

My heart is still broke, somewhat hard, and will eternally be different.  How do you go back to that moment before your heart is broke???  You don't.  You accept the fact that that moment, like so many, are passed.  Does that stop you from healing??  NO.  It should motivate you to charish every moment to come.  Who do you turn to??  I have spent that past eight years trying very hard to turn to my Lord and Savior....and I have allowed myself to stand in the way.  I find it amusing (almost amusing) that there is a 'support group' for every thinkable and unthinkable heartache...when the best support group is waiting right next you to reach out, help to mend a broken heart, and show you how to heal.  I will not sit here and pretend that I have been perfect at reaching out to my Lord for my support group, and everytime that I think that I need to reach out to 'physical' support groups he reminds me that they will only help air dirty laundry not mend or help me to be healthy again.  He also reminds me that Romans 8:28-29 says that all things work together for those who are called according to his purpose.  To me that says he has an intentional already determined purpose for my life, for my marriage, for my children, and my grandchildren.  Forgiveness is not a pardon.  Forgiveness just means that you leave the judgement to the best judge - a judge that is just.  I thank God that he is that judge and not me.  I would more than likely be too emotional to give the adequate punishment.  He is good like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment