Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

boundaries...

Setting healthy boundaries in relationships...how do you do it???  How do you define them??  Why do you do it???  Why do you not do it???  My pastor once told me that dysfunctional people do not and can not understand boundaries, which is what makes them dysfunctional. What a profound statement!!!  Do you understand boundaries??  Do you recognize boundaries??? Do you set boundaries so that you can enjoy the relationships that you have??  There are many relationships that I crave.  There are many relationships, with people who are dysfunctional, that I still crave.  Maybe setting boundaries is not for anyone else but you... Maybe what causes people that need to set boundaries to finally set them is that they finally have a moment of realizing that they are not going to change the very people they are setting the boundaries from.  I don't want to change the world....  I am changing the way that I respond-my only responsibility!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment