Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

School and sun...or is it Son and school?

As it gets warmer, we are are finding it harder and harder to stay focused on school.  So today we decided to combine the warmth of the sun and math. After this long, cold, wet winter and, thus far, a wet, cooler Spring, the sun felt sooo good. Colten removed his socks and 'sunned' his feet...haha. That is funny for us b/c Colten was 'sunning' his feet b/c Casey, his cousin, is getting married this upcoming weekend, and he did not want 'white' feet for his new flip flops for the wedding. So we sat outside to enjoy the warmth of the sun and for Colten it was 'sunning' his feet.






But...as we sat outside soaking up the warmth of the sun it reminded me how lucky I was to have my children home, learning in the sun and in the Son (Jesus Christ). We have taken our home, this year, and reclaimed that which we allowed to be taken from us. God has been very gracious to us this year. When I look back at this year--I wonder if I knew a year ago we would be where we are today?? I don't necessarily mean just physical location--I am referring to the 'WHOLE PICTURE'....would I have guessed that we would have really sold our house in Mt. Zion?? Rented a house in Decatur?? Start homeschooling the kids who were either in Jr. High School or verging on it?? Seeing God work in the kids' life and our own?? Purchase a house that allowed us to 'spread our wings' on a property that is exactly what we have been looking for for many years?? Seeing Chon and I grow together in ways that we thought were 'mastered'?? Seeing us step us into roles God designated for us long before we realized it (please don't hear that we are pefect in these 'roles')??


No comments:

Post a Comment