Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

AMAZING.... Ps 37:4

Everyday (at least I try to make it everyday) I find
time to spend in God's word and with God.
And it still amazes me that he is 'interested' in the
small details that we have.  I believe that
I was raised to be a selfish person....heck, we are
all born with a sin nature that
is a natural bend toward ourself.
So the cry of my heart has been
please remove the 'view' off of me and onto
you Lord. 
So why does it amaze me that he (God) is so interested
in my small requests??  I think about those who are praying that empty their
hearts out over their dying husband,  their sick wife in the hospital bed,
or a child who is going to have surgery, or a parent who
has just lost a little one to SIDS....I mean
the list goes on and on of what I would consider
as 'heartache'....so why is God so interested in - not
my prayer request per say - but rather the desires of my heart??
Well....the answer is simple....
Ps 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I sincerely beleive that when you spend time praying
for the prayer requests, either for others
or for your own
personal needs,
that are endless (unfortunately) God delights in your
willingness to stay focused on others and wants to 
'reward' you, if I may, for your delighting in Him.  
Just remember ~~ we delight in Him b/c his glory is our
motivation....not our 'reward'.

I would love to be praying for you today!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment