Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

PROGRESS!!!!!

Some of you may or may not know that this is our first year
home schooling.  Our children are 14 (8th grade)
and 12 (6th grade).  So why have we waited
until now to home school??  Mostly...in all fairness
we weren't all ready. 
BUT....
Today we made progress. 
Caylor left public schools struggling with a tag
that they gave her of 'reading learning disability'.  I laugh
in the face of the person who just did not want to deal
with her.  I laugh in the face of the person who did not
understand her way of learning.
BECAUSE....
Today we made progress!!!!
Caylor told me 3 weeks ago that she would have never
been doing English on her own at school--at home she is
almost completely independent in all subjects,
 except math.
AND YET SHE HAS PROVEN THAT THEORY WRONG AGAIN TODAY!!!

One of the things that I (okay-we) love about home schooling is that they do not
have to be sitting at a desk all day being zombified...
Today we used the patio door as a dry erase board.
She has learned Phil 4:13 "I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me"
very well when it comes to math.  We keep saying I can do all thing thru Christ who strengthens
me - even math!!! :)

THINKING, THINKING....


 
She spent the rest of the afternoon working her division problems
on this door....  She used the inside of the door and the
outside of the door (Thank you God for
wonderful weather to allow her to work on both sides of the door). 
Today she was smiling and wonderful
at the completion of math instead of defeated and destroyed.
The best (if I am allowed a selfish moment) is that I was here!!!
I was here to encourage her to keep trying.
I was here to show her how to do it.
I was here when she SUCCEEDED. 
I do love this feeling!!! :)
SUCCESS!!!!  I GOT IT!!! 
WHAT A FEELING--BEIN'S BELIEVIN'
I can't have it all, now I'm MATHING for my life
Take your passion, and make it happen

Irene Cara - Flashdance...What a Feeling lyrics
(Sorry for the Flashdance break out-haha)

I guess my title may have indicated house progress...sorry if you were disappointed. 
This type of day will forever take presidence in my book...
Our house can fall down around us as long
as our children are learning, confident, and stay focused on what
God wants from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment