Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

"Fresh" milk....

We have been enjoying raw milk, or as we call it at our
house "fresh milk", for about
2 years now; and every week we get to enjoy it I become
more and more grateful for it.  I have recently started
making our own butter....
A few months ago my grandma said that making our own butter
was not worth it...I will have to beg to differ.  If you have never
made homemade butter--you are missing out. 


You scoop out the cream from the fresh
milk, pour into a
tight-lidded jar and ((((((SHAKE)))))). 
 I now understand why my grandparents
were so fit.  Homemade butter, bread, gardening, no
TV days.....there is nothing else to do
except work!!  This is good work though because we get to enjoy our 'work', and boy is it GOOD!!





And from the butter---guess what you get???
Yep, you guessed it - BUTTERMILK.  Buttermilk biscuits
are truly the best
result of fresh milk!!


No comments:

Post a Comment