Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mary or Martha...again??

So why am I so hung up on Mary and Martha lately??? 
The more I learn about them--the more convicted I am about
which one I am called to be.
Mary: So easy, so adjustable, so willing, and seizes oppurtunities to serve
her God.
(Then there is...)
Martha: So rigid, controlling, demanding.

The more I learn the contrasts between these two ladies....I become
more and more aware of how much I don't appreciate Martha. 
But...I also see at the same time how much I am like Martha. 
Is this why I am not fond of her??? 
Is this why I am so hard on myself b/c I am so rigid, controlling, and demanding as well??? 

Needless to say, my newest prayer (on a selfish level) is to become more
of a Mary than a Martha....again!!!  

Luke 10: 38-42
38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named
Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s
feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the
preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked,
“Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”

41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried
and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or
indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment