Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

birthday blessings!!!



Psalm 139:13-14 "You are the one who put me together inside my mother’s body, and I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me. Everything you do is marvelous! Of this I have no doubt."

As I sit here one week past my 36th birthday...this was the bible
verse of the day of my birthday this year.  How fitting???
I have, for years, struggled with some of my personality qualities
(i.e. very black and white, straight-forward, opinionated--there are more,
but I only have limited space--hehe), but yesterday I was talking to a lady
that is very dear to me and she encouraged me to 'stop trying to not be
like so-so person, but to be who God wants me to be'.  I was given the
family that God wanted me to have whether I like it or not.  So my
 birthday blessing this year is rejoicing in the fact that my mom chose
to keep me--or did not choose to abort me.  We should all be so
grateful regardless of our relationship with our mothers or our
family.  Of course, in my case it is probably a good thing that she
 (my mom) could not see into the a future crystal ball...she may have changed her mind. LOL.  Haha...Just kidding!!! 

My hope and prayer is that my children have grasped that although I carried them for nine months...God knit them together for his purpose.  I am (We are) just the lucky one(s) to see his purpose evolve and grow in grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment