Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Care (part 2 )

If you read my previous post, you learned a little bit about "Little Bobby".
Because of "Little Bobby's" health concerns, my decision to 
care for his basic needs is not an option.
Nor is it an option for his parents and grandparents.
In order for his basic needs to be met, he depends on them (or me)
'to give attention' to or 'care' for him. 

Here's what I can expect from myself: 
1. To invest good will. 
2. Caution. 
3.  A responsiblity to see you as a person. 
4.  A responsibility to treat you with an 
understanding that your value, placed by God, 
was given and completed upon conception. 
5.  An understanding that anything I have learned, 
because God allowed, is for me- and I can not expect you to 
understand what God has allowed for me to learn. 
6.  A realization that God will allow lessons for you...trust Him. 
7.  When you ask about what I have learned, then AND ONLY THEN will
I insert my opinion or perspective.  It is at that point, that you can decide to 
what to do with I have learned.  In other words, I will 
not expect you to learn from my mistakes and I will not 
expect you to want to understand what I learned unless you ask. 

"Little Bobby" depends on me when I am entrusted with his care. 
People assume he does not need what you and I, 
with out a special need, 
need. 
Things like companionship, trust that you will care, 
a smile, or a kind word,
 but, on the contrary, 
every person, created in the image of God
 (this includes everyone), 
needs the same thing: 
To be cared for as a "little Bobby".
That's my responsibility. 


No comments:

Post a Comment